Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 38: August 6th Berryville to Contract

So last Friday I had called up the Battletown Inn in Berryville to discuss elements of the wedding.  At this time I found out that the guy we had been speaking with who worked there is no longer working there and the vast majority of our contract was oral. So today, Mark, my Mom and I headed out to Berryville to ensure that the owner respects the original agreements that their now unemployed agent had reached.



After about an hour of speaking with the guy we realized that 1. he was pissed at what the previous guy had agreed to (because he was really giving us a good deal) and 2. he was still going to respect the contract he just wasn't going to be happy about it.  Now personally, if someone is going to be basically filling out my entire restaurant and all my rooms, I think I'd be a little happier, but whatever.




Took some additional pictures as I left through the town.  I do miss Berryville, something about being in the town where you did a lot of your growing up is pretty touching.  Each corner reminds you of a story.  I wish that I would have the chance to go to the Clarke County Fair this year, however a WHOLE lot of other things are going to be going on next weekend.  Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment